Chuck Miller is an NAHB Master Instructor and Owner of Chuck Miller Education Services LLC, Chuck Miller Consulting LLC, and Chuck Miller Construction Inc.
He began his career in 1968 as an apprentice carpenter. He has managed several building companies and supervised the construction of single and multi-family residential, commercial, and institutional projects across the United States.
He is an active member and Life Director of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), the Building Contractors Association of Southwestern Idaho (BCASWI), and Idaho Building Contractors Association (IBCA).
He was recognized by the BCASWI as their 2003 Builder of the Year and by the IBCA as their 2017 Builder of the Year for his service to the association, the building industry, and the community.
Chuck has earned nine (9) NAHB professional designations:
- Graduate Master Builder (GMB)
- Certified Graduate Builder (CGB)
- Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR)
- Certified Aging-In-Place Specialist (CAPS)
- Certified Green Professional (CGP)
- Master In Residential Marketing (MIRM)
- Certified New Home Marketing Professional (CMP)
- Master Certified New Home Sales Professional (MCSP) and
- Certified New Home Sales Professional (CSP)
He was named the NAHB 2017 Builder Designee of the Year for his commitment to earning and promoting NAHB’s professional designations. He was previously named the 2015 Master in Residential Marketing of the Year and the 2009 Certified Graduate Builder of the Year.
He became an instructor for the NAHB in 1999 and is a licensed provider of NAHB education programs. He is a Master Instructor for NAHB courses and was named NAHB’s 2016 Sales and Marketing/IRM Educator of the Year.
He has served as a Subject Matter Expert on a number of NAHB course revisions including
- Principles of Residential Marketing: Research and Analysis
- Principles of Residential Marketing: Strategy and Implementation
- Marketing and Sales for Building Professionals
- Estimating and Scheduling for Profitable Business Operations
- Builder Assessment Review (BAR) exam
Since becoming a licensed provider for NAHB Education courses, he has worked to bring NAHB’s courses to the Realtor community in Idaho and to the other local associations who do not hold licenses.
He has presented NAHB’s “Homes of Our Own” programs created by NAHB to teach children, young adults, parents and teachers about home building, environmental issues, and careers in home building industries.
In addition to being a Master Instructor for NAHB, he is also a National Center for Construction Education and Research Certified Carpentry Instructor and an instructor for the National Endowment for Financial Education® (NEFE®) High School Financial Planning Program® (HSFPP), a nationally known money management program for high school students.
He serves on the Ada County Building Code Board of Appeals.
He is a graduate of Western Illinois University, where he majored in Construction Technology and minored in Real Estate and Business Management. He is also a Dale Carnegie graduate.